Rosemary-Walnut Pesto



In my little garden, I have two rosemary bushes.  I think they are trying to grow into trees.  I had planted one of them last spring, before one of the driest summers on record for Texas.  The silly thing thrived!  It has grown to at least four times it's original size (and it was pretty big to start with).  So I'm always looking for recipes to use up as much rosemary as I can.

Which brought me to try making rosemary-walnut pesto, because I could use a bunch of it in one simple recipe.  That, and it tastes pretty good.

What you'll need:

  • rosemary (I used about 1 ounce or 30 grams)
  • parsley (about 1 1/2 ounces or 45 grams)
  • walnuts (about 3 1/2 ounces or 100 grams)
  • 3 garlic cloves (more or less to taste)
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper, to taste



First step.  Remove rosemary leaves from the woody stems.  Then place the herbs, walnuts, garlic and a generous amount of olive oil in a food processor.  



 Process until they begin to become a fine paste.  Add more olive oil, if necessary.


Add cheese.  And maybe a little more olive oil.  It should be pretty moist.


Add salt and pepper to taste.


And you're done!  I store mine in 4 ounce mason jars in the refrigerator, because I don't really use much of it at a time (the rosemary does give it a strong flavor).  Enjoy!



Comments

  1. I love Pesto!!! Um I'm hungry now, when are you inviting me over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Элизабет!! дорогая!!! Эта паста выручалка! всегда есть в холодильнике-значит, в любое время -намазал на хлеб и никто не кричит- ЧТО МНЕ ПОКУШАТЬ?...? в доме спокойствие)))))!отлично!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts